We have just completed a study to investigate whether children are able to swallow tablets and whether coatings make any difference to the mouthfeel.
The results are not yet ready for dissemination but there were a few things I learnt from delivery of this study:
- Research students do a fantastic job!
- Twitter is a useful tool to attract participants
- Children and parents love a mini lab-coat
- Certificates are appreciated
- Puppets can be easier to respond to compared to humans
- Thinktank Science museum are great hosts for a study
I am excited about the results and will share these once available. In the mean time I just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all who participated.